Friday, August 17, 2018

Ed Ranks Looney Tunes Characters

Yeah. Looney Tunes! This one probably doesn't need much explaining, right?  Although I guess some of these might be Merrie Melodies characters. Whatever. Anyway, there are certainly more than 17 of them. But who the hell wants to talk about Gossamer?

17. Granny - She's the annoying old lady that's often the owner of Tweety, Sylvester, or whoever it is convienient for her to be the owner of in any particular cartoon. She's just sort of there.

16. Tweety - Speaking of Granny, I can't stand Tweety. Why do people like Tweety? Tweety is the worst and I was always hoping for uhh... it (I don't know if it's a him or a her) to be eaten.
There should be an Interpol warrant on this guy.

15. Pepé Le Pew - A French rapist. Yikes.

14. Foghorn Leghorn - A stupid, racist rooster. Every time he talks, I swear he's about to shout racial slurs and put on a red MAGA hat.

13. Michigan J. Frog - I think Dave Chappelle already said everything that needs to be said about Michigan J. Frog.

12. Hippety Hopper - The kangaroo that Sylvester would always confuse with a really big mouse. Sylvester is a fucking dumbass. Kangaroos don't look anything like mice.

11. Elmer Fudd - He's really just there to be a foil to the animals that he's hunting. The poor, poor guy and his hideous speech impediment. But then again they all kind of have speech impediments, don't they?

10. Porky Pig - Is it controversial for Porky to be ranked this low? I don't care. He never really did anything for me.

9. Sylvester - I guess I would cheer for Sylvester to kill Tweety all the time. But Sylvester himself is still just an average-to-mediocre character.

8. Speedy Gonzalez - Yeah, I accept that this character is super racist. Still. Why are you trying to ruin my childhood by bringing that up?

7. Road Runner - Meep Meep.

6. Yosemite Sam - This was the actually entertaining comic foil. I loved this guy. TARNATION!

Those eyebrows tho.
5. Taz - He spins in circles real fast and is sort of like Animal from the Muppets, personality-wise. What's not to like?

4. Bugs Bunny - It would be too obvious for Bugs Bunny to be #1.  Besides, Bugs Bunny is just a fake Daffy Duck. OG Daffy Duck, I mean. Not the lame-ass he became later.

3. Marvin the Martian - I loved this guy whenever he was trying to take over the earth and kill all humanity, or whatever it was he was doing.

2. Wile E. Coyote - Oh man, this guy with his ACME rocket skates, sticks of dynamite, and paint that can paint an actual tunnel into a wall that Road Runner can go through... but that he can't. I love this dude. Poor guy is just hungry.

Yes. He looked like this. And he was awesome.
1. Daffy Duck - Daffy Duck is the best. And by that I mean the original Daffy, before they introduced Bugs. Watch one of the super old black-and-white Daffy episodes and you'll see that he's... well... BATSHIT CRAZY. It started off with generally the same "being hunted and tricking the dumb hunter" dynamic (not necessarily Elmer, he was often paired with Porky) that Bugs would later STEAL from Daffy.  Even later Daffy is okay with stuff like Duck Dodgers.

No comments:

Post a Comment