Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Ed Ranks Things He Was Doing While Not Uploading Ed Ranks Everything Rankings

Yeah, I've been inactive for a while. It happens. Here are the ten top the reasons I haven't been uploading Ed Ranks Everything rankings in a while, ranked!

Ah, cooking.
10. Making Dinner - I suppose there were a couple of chunks of time I could have used to write new rankings, but I was instead making dinner. Fresh homemade meals are important and healthy! Well, not the meals I usually cook - which are full of cheese and always paired with beer. Still though, it's the principle of the thing that counts.

9. Too Busy Also Not Uploading A Jingle of Ice and Fire Posts - This is a blog that went inactive a few months ago, despite the fact that I really only have a handful of chapters to write before I'm done with all of the books which have been released. I'll get around to it sometime. Maybe this random chapter about Jaime Lannister meeting Jonos Bracken is just REALLY interesting though, and I want everyone to have a change to read it before I post the next chapter.

8. Too Busy Also Not Uploading Beer and Pork Belly Posts - Really, this is my wife's blog, and I just help her with it. So you should blame her for that one. We have a post written and everything. She's just too lazy to upload pictures. Now that's lazy!

7. Social Events - I hate interacting with other human beings and am always miserable when doing so. Which is why I like to sit at my computer and write stupid things. As of late though, I've been engaging in social interaction with other humans and it's, quite frankly, awful. Again, I'm going to blame my wife for this one.

6. Crippling Depression - This is a problem, I suppose.

You call that a knife? Etc. etc.
5. Trip to Australia - A few weeks ago I flew to Australia for some meetings. It takes FOREVER to get to Australia. There was a 17-hour flight from Houston to Sydney along the way. Do you know how long a 17-hour flight is? Of course you do, it's 17-hours. Stupid question. I'll rephrase. Do you know how long a 17-hour flight FEELS? It feels like forever. I'm super glad I have status with United Airlines and had an "Economy Plus" seat. Because if I had a regular seat I might have died. Anyway, there are kangaroos in the hills near Canberra, if that's the sort of thing which interests you. I saw rabbits too, but that's less interesting since they have those everywhere.

4. Work - 8 hours of every day needs to be dedicated to performing a job so that I can be paid in order to myself pay bills. Which seems like a pretty inefficient system for which an economy to be based, considering all jobs will be going away soon as people are being replaced by robots. Still, it has to be done (supposedly), and add those eight hours up with sleeping hours and there isn't much time left to write mundane bullshit.

3. Playing with My Cats - I'm doing this a lot too. My cats are Lenny and Squiggy. I didn't name them. They are awesome though. Especially Squiggy. Sorry Lenny.

2. Laziness - Yep, basic laziness is one of the primary driving factors as to why you may not have seen a ranking in a while. I am a very lazy person.

1. Moving - So I moved last week. Holy crap that's time consuming. Moving things out of the old house. Cleaning. Moving things into the new house. Buying new furniture. Figuring out where things go. Changing your mind and deciding to place things in new places. I think most stuff is in place now, but there is a ton of stuff which still needs to be done. What a pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment