Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Ed Ranks Things Named "Ex Machina"

Oh, I did a ranking on Dues Ex Machina film endings in the past. But this ranking is completely different, I swear! This one is about things named "Ex Machina." See? Totally different!

7. Deus Ex Machina, the leader of the sentient machines in The Matrix Revolutions - Well this one was just stupid. Watch the first Matrix. Pretend the latter two never happened.

6. Deus Ex Machina, an episode of the sixth series of Waking the Dead - Not to be confused with The Walking Dead. Yeah, I get it. You've probably messed up with this on your DVR, right? This is the one that is a British police procedural crime drama featuring a Cold Case unit.

5. Deus Ex, a series of first-person video games - I never played these. Also, technically it doesn't have the "Machina" in the name, so it doesn't belong here. Whatever.

4. Deus Ex Machina, a Season One episode of Lost - Season One of Lost was great, so this is a good Ex Machina. If this had been a Season Four or beyond episode, then it would be garbage.

3. Deus Ex Machina, a Singaporean death metal/thrash metal band - I have no idea who these guys are or what they sound like, but I bet they are super awesome.

2. Dues Ex Machina, a trope within Greek tragic plays -  Whereby a machine is used to bring actors playing gods onto the stage to instantly resolve the story's plot through supreme powers. This is also how every episode of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine ended, except they came out of wormholes.

1. This, the only reason I even created this ranking: 

I lied above. This list is not different at all. I just wanted to post this again. It's been a while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment